Kauai Farmacy Roselle Jam RECIPE
Can you say Mmmmm?!?
A fun, experimental recipe turned into a delicious condiment packed with life-enhancing wellness herbs: Tulsi, Roselle, Blue Vervain, Lime Balm, Lemon Balm, Gotu Kola, Cranberry Hibiscus & Stevia.
- Shuck 4 dozen roselle buds (Only the outside petals) – Can also substitute with any delicious fresh fruit of choice
- Pour water over the roselle petals until they are just fully covered
- Add two tablespoons of Kauai Farmacy Children’s wellness herbal tea
- Add two slices of fresh orange peel
- Place on stove top and brew until full-bodied (approximately 15 minutes)
- Strain red Roselle liquid into a clean saucepan (you can strain by pressing back of spoon into stainless steel mesh or hand-ring through cheesecloth)
- Add organic local honey and reduce down on low heat until liquid thickens (spoon test: dip spoon; liquid should still pour freely off spoon, but will also coat the spoon)
- Remove from heat. Pour into a glass mason jar
- Allow to cool to room temperature & Enjoy!
Some fun ways to enjoy your Roselle Jam:
- As a dip for sliced coconut
- As a spread on baked taro (can use sweet potato, breadfruit or yam as an alternate option)
- As a dressing over frozen smoothie cubes
- As a filling for nut-butter energy balls
- And all the ways jam has been used in culinary dishes historically