Dill, Anethum Graveolens
Dill is a hardy annual with feathery fronds and small yellow cluttered flowers. Most commonly used in Europe and Scandinavia. Dill is widely used in pickles, sauerkrauts, salmon dishes, and in yogurt dips.
- Dill is a terrific digestive; helping to dispel gas, flatulence, and hiccups.
- Used for loss of appetite, liver, kidney and gallbladder problems.
- Other uses for dill can be to treat fever, cough, colds, bronchial and respiratory issues, hemorrhoids, infections, and menstrual cramps.
- Dill has historically been used for nerve conditions and will soothe spasms, pain and help with sleeping disorders.
- Dill seed can also be used for throat and mouth pain and swelling.