Gotu kola, Centella Asiatica
Gotu kola is a perennial plant native to India, Japan, China, Indonesia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and the South Pacific. It is a member of the parsley family, and prefers to grow in and around water. It has small fan-shaped green leaves that are used as medicine.
Gotu Kola is a widely distributed herb and known as the ultimate brain food. With its mild and nutty flavor, it actively stimulates brain tissue while aiding in the development of memory. Along with heightening ones awareness, Gotu Kola works to heal various skin disorders and calm the central nervous system.
- Gotu Kola has been used to treat many conditions for thousands of years in India, China, and Indonesia. It was used to heal wounds, and treat skin conditions like leprosy and psoriasis.
- Gotu Kola now a days is revered for its brain boosting qualities. It can help increase circulation to the brain and in turn support clarity and memory.
- It can be used to treat respiratory infections,colds, asthma, and fevers.
- Gotu kola has also been used to treat syphilis, hepatitis, stomach ulcers, epilepsy, and diarrhea.
- Also in the U.S. and Europe gotu kola is being used to treat varicose veins and insufficient venous flow in the legs where blood may pool.
Effects and benefits
- Gotu Kola is a brain tonic, improving memory and intelligence.
- It can combat fatigue, anxiety, depression, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Strengthens adrenals and cleanses blood.
- Gotu Kola is great wound and scar healer and can treat bacterial, viral and parasitic infections.
- Gotu Kola works well many internal organs and will support lung, liver, and stomach function.