Guava, Psidium guajava.
Guava is a fruit tree grown in many tropical and subtropical regions. Native to Mexico, Central America, and northern South America used for medicinal, culinary and cosmetic products.
- Guava leaf can lower cholesterol and blood glucose in diabetics.
- Guava leaves aid digestion by stimulating digestive enzyme production It helps diarrhea, dysentery, vomiting and nausea.
- Guava leaf is effective with bronchitis by opening up the respiratory system, soothing lungs and coughs and loosening mucus.
- Guava leaf helps to relieve toothache and sores in the mouth and throat.
- Guava leaves can aid in weight loss and is anti inflammatory.
- Guava is a source of beta carotene, vitamin A, C, copper, zinc, and selenium.