Lemon Balm, Melissa officinalis.
Lemon balm is a hardy perennial with toothed, oval light green leaves and small yellow white flowers. Lemon balm prefers full sun and rich soils. Known by Greek and Romans long ago as a useful aid to revive spirits and chase away melancholy.
- Gentle sedative and calming herb that will promote good sleep.
- Useful in treating nervousness and overexcitement.
- Antiviral and can be used for treating colds and flus.
- Assists in regulating hyperactive thyroid and reducing stress.
- Treats stings and burns
- Helpful with mouth sores.