Lemon Verbena, Aloysia citrodora.
Lemon verbena is a perennial flowering shrub native to South America. The tiny flowers vary from purple to white. Lemon verbena leaves smell like lemon and added to culinary dishes will give a lemon flavor.
- Lemon verbena assists with muscle fatigue and spasms through its antioxidant components. It will protect cells and plasma from over exercise oxidative damage.
- Lemon verbena has mild sedative properties. It can be used for agitation and insomnia.
- Lemon verbena is helpful with asthma, colds, fevers, and chills.
- Lemon verbena is useful for indigestion, gas, colic, diarrhea, and constipation.
- It is also used for hemorrhoids, varicose veins, and other skin conditions.