Makaki produces nourishing qualities that tone the blood and feed multiple systems. It offers aid to healing wounds and sores. The leaves have been used to help with many internal disorders such as for the stomach, colon, and bowels. Fruit is eaten as a laxative for stomach, colon and digestive problems. Infused leaves can be used in treatment for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver problems, depression, bladder problems, bladder infections, and PMS.
EFfects and benefits
- Māmaki has a soothing effect on the nervous system. It relieves symptoms of headaches, depression, fatigue, insomnia, and irritability. Overall calming the body’s system.
- Mamaki can be drunken for childbirth to discharge blood.
- It helps reduce cholesterol, modulating blood glucose levels, and lowering blood pressure.
- Mamaki has antimicrobial agents, antiviral activity, antifungal, antioxidant, and aids in resolution with Herpes 1 and 2.
- Mamaki cleanses blood and tissue, promotes weight loss, and aids digestion.
- Mamaki is in the nettle family containing high amounts of iron, calcium, and magnesium.
- This herb is also nutritious in phosphorus, boron, manganese, zinc, copper, and potassium.