Papaya, Carica papaya.
Papaya was first cultivated in Mexico and native to central America and northern South America. Papaya is a widely cultivated tropical fruit tree. It is a large single stem tree. The lower trunk becomes scarred where leaves and fruit come out of. The fruit is a type of berry and is soft when ripe with an orange to amber coloring.
- Papaya revitalizes the body and help cell production. It is antioxidant rich and boosts immune system and fights the free radicals. More and more finding through research show papaya leaf stimulates immune cells that kill cancer cells.
- Papaya and its leaves help reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune system.
- Papaya leaves can treat menstrual pain and also help to induce menstruation.
- Papaya prevents cataract formation.
- Papaya leaf are beneficial in the treatment of acne and dengue fever.
- Papaya is helpful in the treatment of indigestion and nausea.