Sugar cane, Saccharum.
Sugar cane is a tall perennial grass native to warm temperatures and tropical regions of South Asia. Sugar cane can grow up to 6 to 9 feet and belongs to the grass family Poaceae. Sugarcane is one of the world’s largest crop in production.
- Sugar cane is good source of glucose which, helps to re-hydrates the human body and boost energy.
- Sugar cane is effective in fighting against cancer, such as prostate and breast cancer.
- It helps to maintain the health of the body’s systems supporting kidney, heart, brain, liver, and eyes. The antioxidants in sugar cane juice help to fighting against infections and boost the immune system of the body.
- Sugar cane is a good digestive aid and helps the digestive system perform optimally and prevents stomach infections.
- Sugar cane protects against tooth decay and bad breath.
- Sugar cane promotes healthy skin, with alpha hydroxy acids that reduce blemishes, acne, and prevents ageing.
- Sugar cane is rich in calcium, chromium, cobalt, copper, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium and zinc.
- It also contains iron and vitamins A, C, B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6, along with phytonutrients, antioxidants, proteins and soluble fiber.